The First Pillar: Create Your Career Path
Too many of us skip directly to polishing up resumes or researching leads, when our first essential steps need to be: taking the time to better understand ourselves, thinking through why we want what we want, and becoming self-accountable.
- BELIEFS can empower us or limit us. We discuss several common myths and how we have the opportunity to reframe them.
- MENTORS are invaluable and more accessible than ever before. Learn how to best connect with them in various forms and settings.
- WORD MAPPING helps us visualize career possibilities we may not have thought of before.
- We look at THE INTERSECTION of our interests, abilities, and opportunities .
- We are always most fulfilled when our CORE VALUES align with our actions. We will discuss how to define what our values are, and then craft a MISSION STATEMENT that lays out what we plan to do and the why behind it
- We move from theory to practice by challenging ourselves with ACCOUNTABILITY and establishing an ACTION plan.